Saturday, January 14, 2012

Can I ship a live potted plant using the US Postal Service?

I'd like to send a poinsettia to a faraway aunt for Christmas

Can I ship a live potted plant using the US Postal Service?
best thing to do is to contact a florist and have one delivered to her, FTD will do that. There is no shipping anything, you just pay for it and they contact their florist in where ever and it is delivered. Poinsettias are so fragile, they break so easily, that I would not even attempt to ship one. Besides it would cost more than the plant is worth.
Reply:Yes, but check where you are sending it for restrictions. California, Arizona and Florida are States that do not permit agricultural products to be shipped in. There are more also. I send plants and cuttings all over the U.S. except where not permitted.


No comments:

Post a Comment