Saturday, January 21, 2012

NEED HELP WITH A GREENHOUSE/ HORTICULTURE PROJECT! WHAT KIND OF PLANTS CAN I SELL DURING THe FALL?!?!?

I'm a junior agriculture major and in one of my upper level classes we have to create a year-long greenhouse crop schedule. I am having some trouble coming up with enough plants to fill my greenhouse for my fall sales. Currently I have Kale, Pansys, and Poinsettias. I am going to add some herbs but I still need a lot more! We can't use mums either. Any ideas? Only answers from people who know what they are talking about please!

NEED HELP WITH A GREENHOUSE/ HORTICULTURE PROJECT! WHAT KIND OF PLANTS CAN I SELL DURING THe FALL?!?!?
Thanksgiving cactus (Schlumbergera truncate) blooms in November.



Horticulture student.
Reply:Chrysanthemum. But, Chrysanthemum is a short day plant so, if you plan to produce cut flower, you should supply long days condition to obtain long peduncle ( for placing the vase).


No comments:

Post a Comment