Thursday, January 12, 2012

What's the best way to make crumpled artificial poinsettias look new again?

My artificial poinsettias, in storage since last Christmas, are made of some kind of fabric. If I iron them, they may melt. Suggestions on how to make them relax and look good again?

What's the best way to make crumpled artificial poinsettias look new again?
You just reminded me its time to get ours out (although we're going away, so may not bother.)



One way that may work is to spray them LIGHTLY with water and smooth them gently. Or if you have a steam iron, direct the steam at them, but don't actually iron them.
Reply:I would dip them into lukewarm water with a very mild cold water soap. Rise, lay on an old towel, and reshape them while they are damp. Let dry and see if that would do the trick. They probably just need freshen up, and since you want them "relaxed", I would try to wash them, but again, very gently and hand towel dry and lay out.


No comments:

Post a Comment